Benefits of corporate health programs
Why do businesses institute workplace health programs and regular health checks?
- To improve productivity and engagement
- To deal with stress and reduce absenteeism
- To decrease disability management costs and workers compensation claims
- To enhance their ability to attract and retain talent – and stand out as an employer of choice
- To improve return on investment
Don’t take our word for it
The Health and Productivity Institute of Australia (HAPIA) report that corporate or workplace health programs result in a:
- 25% average decrease in sick leave absenteeism
- 40% decrease in workers compensation costs (which can be a huge drain on business costs)
- 24% decrease in disability management costs
- $5.81 savings for every $1 invested in employee wellbeing
The main drivers for workplace health programs
According to the HAPIA the main drivers for implementing workplace health programs are:
- Reducing absence and improving employee productivity
- Managing an ageing workforce
- Improving workforce morale and engagement
- Reducing workers compensation costs
- Being an employer of choice and demonstrating corporate social responsibility
Benefits of these programs according to HAPIA include:
- Greater job satisfaction and improved employee engagement
- Reduced staff-related costs and less absenteeism
- Higher productivity and profits
Did you know …
- 96% of Best Practice Australian organisations have implemented health and wellbeing initiatives during the last 12 months.
- In Australia, there are currently 1,500 workplace health programs providing some sort of workplace health or preventative health program for 400,000 employees
- Organisations that don’t promote health and wellness are four times more likely to lose talent in the next 12 months
What are you waiting for?
Over the past 30 years the clinics doctors have improved the health outcomes of busy executives through the prevention, early detection and treatment of life threatening illnesses. Learn more about the benefits of an executive health check. Read the research from the Stay@Work Report.
Corporate and workplace health programs are good for you – and your business.
To learn more
- Call us on 02 9290 3259
- Request further information